1980 born in Wroclaw, Poland.
Lives and works in Warsaw.
Izabela Chamczyk graduated in Painting from the Academy of Fine Arts in Wroclaw, Poland. She is a painter and performance artist, a process-based rebel. Working in versatile media she constantly redefines their boundaries; emotions are essential element of her idea of art. One of her famous projects was the Twelve-Months War, realized in 2013. The provocative action explored the issues connected with the place of the artist in the art market and in the circles of cultural institutions, searching for active space, recognition for her own art: an Amazon in struggle for the artistic space and its perceptional value.
Chamczyk was twice awarded with scholarships by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage. She is also a finalist of some of the most prestigious competitions in Poland, including the 10th Geppert Competition in Wroclaw, 6th Triennial of Young Artists in Oronsko and a Vordemberge – Gildewart competition in MOCAK. She has had numerous solo exhibitions and participated in dozens of group shows, for example: SCC Gallery in Isfahan, Iran, the Entropia Gallery in Wroclaw, Poland, the GSW in Opole, the BWA in Zielona Gora, the Centre for Contemporary Art in Torun, the Festival in Sokolowsko, the ERARTA in Sankt Petersburg etc.
Her works are in many private and public collections in Poland and abroad.
– UNIESIENIE (Exultation) performance, MOS Gallery, Gorzow Wielkopolski, Poland
– GRUBO (Thick) and performance Dance! Galeria Apteka Sztuki, Warsaw
– “MALARSTWO JAKO CHOROBA” (Painting as a disease”) Supermarket Sztuki Gallery, Warsaw.
– “PSYCHOANIMALJA” video exhibit in cooperation with Agnieszka Obszanska & Renata Iwaniec, Atelier Wro, WRO ART CENTER, Wroclaw, Poland
– “THORN” performance implemented as a part of residency in Iran. Isfahan, SCC Gallery. Cooperation Farzad Azimbeik, curator Alireza Labeshka.
– USTROJE (Regime or Systemic fluids), paintings, videos, Artrakt Gallery, Wroclaw, Poland
WOJNA DWUNASTOMIESIĘCZNA (Twelve month war).
– “STANY SKUPIENIA” (States of matter), paintings, video. Entropia Gallery, Wrocław, Poland
– “NIESKONCZONOSC” (Ininity), performance in a public space, BWA Gallery, Jelenia Gora, Poland
– “DOTYKAJ” (Touch), exhibition of sound paintings and a performance, Strefa A Gallery, Cracow, Poland
“DO TWARZY MI W NIEBIESKIM” (Blue doesn`t flatter me), exhibition, performance, Entropia Gallery, Wroclaw, Poland
– “TO JUZ ZOSTALO NAZWANE” (It has already been named), BWA Gallery, Zielona Gora, Poland
– “Kochaj mnie” (Love Me), painting exhibition and ART ATAK action, Arttrakt Gallery, Wroclaw, Poland
– “A stranger”, performance during Polish – German weekend at Edyta Stein House, Wroclaw, Poland
– “NAZWIJ TO JAK CHCESZ. Zawsze chciałam to zrobic” (Call it what you want. I Always Wanted to Do It), performance, Entropia Gallery, Wrocław, Poland
– “MALOWAC” [(ainting), performance and multimedia painting screenings, BWA Gallery Wrocław, Poland
– CO Z TA ABSTRAKCJA (What´s about abstraction?) Gierowski Fundation, Warsaw, Poland
– “ZWIERZE” (The animal) Bardzo Biala Gallery, Warsaw, Poland
– “Jagna Zdzirska nie umie malowac. Bardzo Biala Gallery, Warsaw, Poland
– “NOWE ILUSTRACJE” (New illustration) Arsenal Gallery Bialystok, Poland
– “MALARKI” [Women painters] Biala Gallery Lublin, Poland
– “CZYSTA FORMALNOSC” [Just a Formality] Gallery of Modern Art Labirynt, Lublin, Poland
– Biennale Maediations exhibition. The Limits of Globalization, Poznan, Poland
– E(rarta) MOTION PICTURES II, festival of short films about painting, Sankt Petersburg, Russia.
– Epidemic. CSW Torun, Poland
– Exhibition of competition entries, small format paintings, Wozownia, Torun, Poland
– 6th Performance Festival “Kolo Czasu”: “JESTEM” (I am) performance, CSW Torun, Poland
– INTERACTIONS Festival, Piotrkow Trybunalski, Poland
– Silesia Biennale in Wałbrzych: “NOTHING PERSONAL”, performance, exhibition at Wroclaw Contemporary Museum.
– Young Triennial, Oronsko, performance, Poland
– BEYOND THE LIMINAL EXPERIENCE exhibition, (Valut) Gallery, Prato, Italy.
DISTINCTIONS AND AWARDS:
– Award “by “BIENNALE BIELSKA JESIEN” painting competition.
– Scholarship awarded by of Minister of Culture and National Heritage.
– Nomination and participation in the E(rarta) MOTION PICTURES II, festival of short films about paintings, Sankt Petersburg, Russia
– Nomination to Vordemberge – Gildewart Foundation Awards, exhibition at MOCAK Museum of Contemporary Art in Cracow, Poland
– Młoda Polska scholarship for young artist awarded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.